To deliver the company’s growth objectives by optimizing Sales & distribution of all ALMARAI products – Dairy, Bakery, Juice, Food & Poultry, products in his designated area by strictly adhering to company operational policies & procedures and maintaining highest sales & merchandising standards through strong leadership of a team of salesmen whilst developing customer partnerships for either his Dairy, Bakery, Foods or Poultry customers.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Achieve budgeted sales volume targets of dairy, bakery, juice, food & Poultry products in assigned area to deliver the company’s growth objective.
- Achieve product distribution for all Trade Channels as per the outlet portfolio to optimize sales and increase market share.
- Maintain wastage under budgeted level to optimize margins.
- Ensure all TC/ credit customers & Collections are in line with company policy to avoid any financial loss to company Set monthly volume targets by outlet for the salesman to achieve.
- Retain/ negotiate and grow additional shelf space as per the Channel Head guidelines and investment plans.
- Ensure product hygiene & freshness in all trade channels to achieve optimum customer satisfaction & product quality.
- Ensure all staff members are equipped with the required skills & knowledge to optimize team productivity & performance with high level of motivational support .
- Securing of Assets ( Fridge cabinets , Stands, HHT , Printers ) and return crates , baskets , from market to ensure company have no financial & business loss .
- Conduct effective & regular meetings to review performance & provide feedback.
- Act as a deputy manager during the absence of line manager and carryout all the depot operational activities.
- Coach and train salesmen to deliver their sales targets – assess gaps and close off any gaps preventing salesman from delivering the outlet sales targets.
- Collate market intelligence by outlet and area covering assets, NPDs and distribution drives.
- Develop customer relationships which ensures each customer views Almarai as an essential part of their business success.ACTIVITIES
- Deliver monthly sales volume targets by outlet.
- Ensure new products and promotions are listed with his/her customers and prices are updated, and this information is shared with the Central Ordering for making correct orders
- Ensure all the Trade Marketing Alerts are activated in the outlet, communicated to salesman and guide the team to properly execute such sales initiatives.
- Conducting effective session endorsement with Salesman/ Assistant & review performance on a daily basis and Session Endorsement Notes to be filed .
- To review POQs as per the market demand & to correct errors in CDCs to get the right market demand with Salesmen.
- Performing “morning duty” to ensure all sales vans go to the market on time and to provide support for any issues faced by Salesmen at the time of leaving depot
- Reviewing the volume targets for Salesmen on a regular basis to ensure the sales/ growth objective is achieved
- Planning /following journey cycle as approved by Line Manager.
- Conducting route audit & customer satisfaction surveys
- Reporting product complaints by having a vigilant check during market coverage
- Placing coolers in first in flow / best in flow locations & review performance and maintain accurate asset records & agreements by securing right locations as a per the market share.
- Giving job requests to Refrigeration and Fleet Workshop Supervisor for all coolers repair/ service issues & follow up
- Executing the Channel Head / BU promotions as per the plan as per the agreed timelines.
- Monitoring Merchandiser’s activities to ensure high standards on market hygiene and implementation of planogram
- Train, Guide, Support and Work with Salesman in building, maintaining and growing Customer Relationship in outlet
- Conduct customer satisfaction survey quarterly on handheld device and share the outcomes with an action plan for gaps identified as per the customer feedback.
- Guide, Support and Work with Salesman in resolving issues with Customer, if any.
- Work with Customer on resolving issues brought up by Salesman
- Implement plans from Channel Heads for each category in agreed timelines.
- Review outlet Performance with Customer and Salesman.
- Communicate target achievement weekly and progress by outlet with Salesman, guide, work with him and support to identify incremental sales opportunities and execution of identified actions for sales acceleration.
- Consult and work together with Salesman in making outlet action plans from identified options reviewing performance of the outlet, and diagnosis (Service Gaps / Executional Gaps / Talent Gaps / Tools / Resource Gaps
- Train, Guide, Support and Work with Salesman in negotiations with customer and aligning with customer on Outlet Actions Plans / Tactical / Strategic Activities
- Update Salesman and Team on Weekly Trade Marketing Alerts and expected standards of execution
- Train, Guide, Support and Work with Salesman in making and reviewing outlet map
- Train, Guide, Support and Work with Salesman in identifying Hot Spots in the outlet and making Wishlist of Tactical and Strategic Activities
- Providing timely feedback & market reports to management and proactively act on it .
- Negotiating/ renewing LTA & temporary display contracts with customers
- Ensuring all staff comply with company hygiene /quality policy & safety guidelines.
- Collecting outstanding credit/ TC wherever necessary
- Accompanying depot accountant for TC audit
- Completing SARAS assignments as per Operation guidelines.
- Maintaining a vigilant check on staff activities to avoid any cases of fraud or misconduct
- Ensuring all staff comply with company hygiene/ quality policy & safety guidelines
- Ensuring time sheets are sent for all staff on time for correct payment of salary
- Planning & execution of staff holiday/Day-off on time as per personnel policy
- Conducting TNA & training as per annual calendar & field assessment findings
- Continually looking for new customers /businesses & check competitor activities
- Graduate/ bachelor’s degree in business administration or in Sales & Marketing
- Master’s Degree in sales/marketing or Business Administration
- 27 years or older
- Driving license
- MS Office computer certification
- Certification in Sales & Marketing
- English proficiency
- Responsible for 25-28 million SAR Sales Value per annum (approximate)
- Responsible for 3.75 5 million litres of Fresh , Bakery , Poultry or any new category
- 900 tonnes of Foods (approximate) per annum
- Responsible for .75 million credits (approximate) & .12 of TC (approximate)
- Manage up to 15 sales routes
- Handling a team of 17 – 19 subordinates
- Responsible for 150 customers
- Working daily 8 – 10 hours per day with one day off each week.
- Flexibility in the working hours according to business needs including holidays
- Route/ market visit with salesman including route rides on salesvan.
- Work under pressure & with deadlines
- Office, company car, mobile phone, computer.
COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills and Attitude – Technical, Operational, Managerial, Human & Cultural Requirements)
- Knowledge in Sales Operation in FMCG environment
- Numerical & analytical
- Strong Communication & interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
- Time Management skills
- Ability to motivate and aspire others
- Ability to work with a Teamwork with a team.
- Ability to motivate and aspire others.
- Customer focus/ relation
This role is a key position within Almarai, hence all new recruits as part of their induction and training will be required to operate a route for a minimum of three months. To successfully completed probationary period must pass the assessments at end of 3 months before assuming full role of supervisor.