|Core Purpose of Job:
To build team work, assisting the supervisors for proper production planning, carry out production and packing activities and motivate staff to operate efficiently, safely and within defined quality standard.
Areas of Responsibility (AOR)
|1. Ensure all Health & Safety and Quality requirements are met in accordance with company policy
2. Support in General duties such as – area and machine cleaning, scaling, mixing, packing, stacking, moving materials and equipment.
3. Ensure proper and efficient machine operations are carried out in accordance with set standard operating procedures
4. Ensure documents / sheets are properly and accurately filled out operators
5. Ensure PRPs are maintained as required by the standards
6. Support/lead in Autonomous Maintenance in assigned areas
7. Be a part of overall continuous improvement of the department.
8. Ensure liaising with related processing or production workers is coordinated for a smooth conduct of responsibilities
9. Ensure processing and production systems and methodologies are continuously implemented
10. Lead 5S implementation in assigned areas and ensure 5S and AIBI standards are maintained.
11. Support in plan and release of equipment for PM and AM.
12. Arrangement and proper management of stock ensuring ease of stock verification and reconciliation
13. Manpower management with highest engagement and lowest overhead cost
14. Assigning and ensuring on the job training for the subordinate operators.
|1. Adhere to best safety practices during machine operation and cleaning procedures. Lead / Support in implementation of 5S
2. Compliance with proper hygiene and GMP standards.
3. Compliance on standard operating procedures for proper and efficient machine operation
4. Accurate and timely completion of documents / sheets and report submission.
5. H&S and quality issues are minimised, and best practises are in place.
6. Taking ownership of the area to improve safe working conditions, food safety and machine performance.
7. Training and developing successors
8. Training and developing subordinate operators to higher standards aligned with company strategy.
9. Understanding and adherence of applicable policies, safe system of work and business strategies.
10. Managing shift activities that all losses and wastage to be below budget as reported in SAP for his filling line. Best utilisation of equipments to meet production and dispatch schedules.
11. Adatability to change in business reuqirement.
|1. Coordinate the preventive maintenance and repair of equipment to achieve the plan effectively
2. Develop the understanding of team concept among all operators.
3. Discuss and finalize plans/targets with SAMO/ LPO/team manager. Allocate tasks to line Members, according to their talent and skill and provide adequate resources for achievement.
4. Identify problems in the assigned equiment/machines before they affect production deadlines and thus improve flexibility in production.
5. Follow defined and laid down safety systems and safe practices of work continually upgrading safety awareness and practices within the team.
6. Ensure GMP, including hygiene and housekeeping is maintained and improved within line and all operations are conducted within the specified quality standards and parameters.
7. Develop an understanding and knowledge on Automatic Operating System, process and/or filling equipment and all relevant task required to be carried out effective filling operation.
8. Liaise with Superiors to optimize production schedules and to minimize utility and product wastage i.e. improve margin and minimize overhead costs.
9. Liaise with maintenance / automation team through maintenance requests with regard to performance of instrumentation/ material handling equipment in addition to the filling machine being operated. Report all PM concerns to TM.
10. Report any process deviation to TM ensuring remedial and corrective action of any process deviation / suspect hold notes is in place immediately, such that the deviation does not happen again.
11. Report non–conformance in filling to the team manager and identify and isolate the affected product so necessary control measures can be taken
12. Coordinate with superiors, peers and subordinates to conduct routine planned maintenance and cleaning activities.
13. Ensure that all operational inspection and maintenance is carried out as specified and recorded in the log sheets.
14. Ensure that all critical control points are monitored continuously during filling and cleaning of the machine and report violations.
15. Update and inform the management about any new CCPs that the operator think that it should be monitored
16. Ensure that daily and weekly AM and PM of the fillers and EOL Machines is done in an effective and efficient manner and necessary records are documented.
17. Lead Autonomous Maintenance along with SAMOs of the Filling and EOL machines.
18. Lead 5S of the assigned areas. Train and educate peers and subordinates in 5S and AIBI requirement.
19. Liaise with Dry store to ensure all raw materials are delivered in a timely and efficient manner for his line production.
20. Collate information and provide reports on processing/filling results and suggest improvements.
21. Ensure SAP maintenance request notifications are raised.
22. Ensuring all procedures for CIP’s are implemented at correct time intervals.
23. Liaise with internal customer TM/SAMO for timely product availability.
24. Ensure that all duties are carried out in accordance with standard operating procedures specified in the Quality System. Review and update of Standard Operating Procedures based on Quality audits and new developments where it necessary.
25. Provide on–the–job training for the team members and train other prospective core colleagues assigned by the management for training on these fillers through regular training cycle.
26. Intervene in the down line and help the operators to get the necessary maintenance resources and in doing SAP work to enable smooth operation of the line in an efficient manner within the specified budgetary standards.
27. Ensure that budgetary controls are followed with respect to all resources. Report to TM any concerns observed regarding filling and efficiency losses.
28. Drive the line members for continuous improvement to become more cost and quality efficient
29. Help other operators during lunch, tea breaks to enable continuous operation of the line and relieve SMAOs as well during his breaks. During the Off day of the SMAOs provide cover if required by the management.
30. Ensure effective cleaning of area, and maintain highest GMP, 5S and AIBI standards.
31. Obtain detailed knowledge of all relevant Product and operation Specifications.
32. Attend team briefings suggesting improvements to team performance and workable solutions to team problems.
33. Liaise with opposite shift LPOs/SAMO/AMO/DTs to ensure detailed handover.
Almarai Company Job Description
|Job Context (Circumstances characterizing the job: Working hours, location, stress, physical conditions, resources available):
Working Hours: 8-12 hrs in day or night (3 hours overtime / 6 days per week). Compensatory off/ over time for working in off days, as and when required by business.
Physical conditions: stress working with machines and deadlines
Resources available: by company
|Key Relationships (Internal – Superior, Peer. External to the Organization):
1. Superior – Dairy Technologist, Team Leader, Team Manager, Senior Team Manager, Production Manager, Senior Production Manager, Designated Line leader
2. Peers – Other ASMOs, AMOs, LPOs, Dairy Process Operator, Maintenance Technician Laboratory Technician, SMOs, BMOs, Material Handler, Technical helper
· High School Graduate
· Clear written and spoken English
· Technical diploma course (3yrs) completed in mechanical, electrical, or instrumentation
· GMP, AIBI, 5S and HACCP awareness.
Essential responsibilities executed
· 3 years’ experience in similar position within a dairy or food environment.
· Experience in production of milk, juice and beverages.
· Experience in automated process control
· Experience in working with a multicultural team.
· Experience in UHT products and operation (Processing/Filling)
· Contribute towards reducing production losses
· Knowledge on implementation of H&S and Quality standards.
· Experience in finalizing plans / targets with production management team with regards to production and maintenance activities.
|Competencies (Technical, Operational, Managerial, Human & Cultural Requirements):
Knowledge, Skills and Attitude
· Knowledge and familiarity in processing and production of Dairy or Juice products. Especially long life.
· Knowledge of operating any of various dairy or Juice machines for food packaging applications.
· Communication skills.
· Machine parameters reading comprehension
· Machine defects understanding
· Machine cleaning and maintenance
· All related safe working procedures
· Visual and operation inspection procedure
· Machine pre-operational check procedure
· Health and safety awareness
· GMP, AIBI, 5S and HACCP awareness
· Good English Communication
· Cooperative with Superiors, peers, and subordinates
· Teamwork – Able to work in co-ordination with multicultural and multifunctional workforce.
· Work under pressure / stressful environment
· Able to train people for required jobs and development of new skills in other trainees assigned
· Ability to take self-initiatives