Core Purpose of Job:
To operate the aseptic filling machine efficiently thereby achieving milk and juice production volume in accordance to Almarai safety standards, Almarai quality standards, product specifications and SOP.
Areas of Responsibility (AOR)
- Ensure all Health & Safety and Quality requirements are met in accordance with company policy
- Support in General duties such as – area and machine cleaning, scaling, mixing, packing, stacking, moving materials and equipment.
- Ensure proper and efficient machine operations are carried out in accordance with set standard operating procedures
- Ensure documents / sheets are properly and accurately filled out whilst performing machine operation
- Ensure pre-operational checks and maintenance are properly coordinated and performed prior to machine operation
- Support/lead in Autonomous Maintenance
- Be a part of overall continuous improvement of the department.
- Ensure liaising with related processing or production workers is coordinated for a smooth conduct of responsibilities
- Ensure preparation of materials based on production plan is promptly and properly assisted
- Ensure processing and production systems and methodologies are continuously implemented
- Operate filling machine for milk and juice products. Clean, sterilise and fill products in such a way to prevent sterility issues.
- Coordinate the preventive maintenance and repair of equipment to achieve the plan effectively
- Monitor and record the required data while operating the filling machine to allow for tracing back of information in case of any issue.
- Develop the understanding of team concept among line operators.
- Discuss and finalize plans/targets with SAMO/ LPO/team manager. Allocate tasks to line Members, according to their talent and skill and provide adequate resources for achievement.
- Identify problems in the filling machine before they affect production deadlines and thus improve flexibility in production.
- Follow defined and laid down safety systems and safe practices of work continually upgrading safety awareness and practices within the team.
- Ensure GMP, including hygiene and housekeeping is maintained and improved within line and all operations are conducted within the specified quality standards and parameters.
- Develop an understanding and knowledge on Automatic Operating System, filling equipment and all relevant task required to be carried out effective filling operation.
- Liaise with Superiors to optimize production schedules and to minimize utility and product wastage i.e. improve margin and minimize overhead costs.
- Liaise with maintenance / automation team through maintenance requests with regard to performance of instrumentation/ material handling equipment in addition to the filling machine being operated. Report all PM concerns to TM.
- Report any process deviation to TM ensuring remedial and corrective action of any process deviation / suspect hold notes is in place immediately, such that the deviation does not happen again.
- Report non–conformance in filling to the team manager and identify and isolate the affected product so necessary control measures can be taken
- Coordinate with superiors, peers and subordinates to conduct routine planned maintenance and cleaning activities.
- Ensure that all operational inspection and maintenance is carried out as specified and recorded in the log sheets.
- Ensure that all critical control points are monitored continuously during filling and cleaning of the machine and report violations.
- Update and inform the management about any new CCPs that the operator think that it should be monitored
- Ensure that daily and weekly AM and PM of the fillers and EOL Machines is done in an effective and efficient manner and necessary records are documented.
- Lead Autonomous Maintenance along with AMOs of the Filling and EOL machines.
- Lead 5S of the assigned areas. Train and educate peers and subordinates in 5S and AIBI requirement.
- Liaise with Dry store to ensure all raw materials are delivered in a timely and efficient manner for his line production.
- Collate information and provide reports on filling results and suggest improvements.
- Ensure SAP maintenance request notifications are raised.
- Ensuring all procedures for CIP’s are implemented at correct time intervals.
- Liaise with internal customer TM/Line leaders for timely product availability.
- Ensure that all duties are carried out in accordance with standard operating procedures specified in the Quality System. Review and update of Standard Operating Procedures based on Quality audits and new developments where it necessary.
- Provide on–the–job training for the team members and train other prospective core colleagues assigned by the management for training on these fillers through regular training cycle.
- Intervene in the down line and help the operators to get the necessary maintenance resources and in doing SAP work to enable smooth operation of the line in an efficient manner within the specified budgetary standards.
- Ensure that budgetary controls are followed with respect to all resources. Report to TM any concerns observed regarding filling and efficiency losses.
- Drive the line members for continuous improvement to become more cost and quality efficient
- Help AMOs and other SAMOs during lunch, tea breaks to enable continuous operation of the line and relieve LPOs as well during his breaks. During the Off day of the LPOs provide cover if required by the management.
- Ensure effective cleaning of area, and maintain highest GMP, 5S and AIBI standards.
- Obtain detailed knowledge of all relevant Product and operation Specifications.
- Attend team briefings suggesting improvements to team performance and workable solutions to team problems.
- Liaise with opposite shift SAMO/AMO/DTs to ensure detailed handover.
- Processing operations
- Filling Operations
- EOL Operations
- Support other functions/departments in the facility as and when required.
- Dairy and Juice facility with the capability of 170 million litters annual output
Key Relationships (Internal – Superior, Peer. External to the Organization):
- Superior – Dairy Technologist, Team Leader, Team Manager, Senior Team Manager, Production Manager, Senior Production Manager, Designated Line leader
- Peers – Other ASMOs, AMOs, LPOs, Dairy Process Operator, Maintenance Technician Laboratory Technician, SMOs, BMOs, Material Handler, Technical helper.
- High School Graduate
- Clear written and spoken English
- Technical diploma course (3yrs) completed in mechanical, electrical, or instrumentation
- GMP, AIBI, 5S and HACCP awarness.
Essential responsibilities executed
- 2 years’ experience in similar position within a dairy or food environment.
- Experience in production of milk, juice and beverages.
- Experience in long life filling technology and sterile filling operation concept
- Experience in working with a multicultural team.
- Experience in Tetrapak/ Combibloc filling machine operation
- Experience in Down line filling machine operation and maintenance of Tetra/Combi fillers
- Contribute towards reducing production losses
- Knowledge on implementation of H&S and Quality standards
Competencies (Technical, Operational, Managerial, Human & Cultural Requirements):
Knowledge, Skills and Attitude
- Knowledge and familiarity in processing and production of Dairy or Juice products. Especially long life.
- Knowledge of operating any of various dairy or Juice machines for food packaging applications.
- Communication skills.
- Machine parameters reading comprehension
- Machine defects understanding
- Machine cleaning and maintenance
- All related safe working procedures
- Visual and operation inspection procedure
- Machine pre-operational check procedure
- Health and safety awareness
- GMP, AIBI, 5S and HACCP awareness
- Good English Communication
- Cooperative with Superiors, peers, and subordinates
- Teamwork – Able to work in co-ordination with multicultural and multifunctional workforce.
- Work under pressure / stressful environment
- Able to train people for required jobs and development of new skills in other trainees assigned
- Ability to take self-initiatives