Core Purpose of Job
Responsible for reworking, processing and filling to meet internal customer requirements efficiently thereby achieving milk and juice production volume in accordance to Almarai safety standards, Almarai quality standards, product specifications and SOP.
Areas of Responsibility (AOR)
- Ensure all Health & Safety and Quality requirements are met in accordance with company policy
- Support in General duties such as – area and machine cleaning, scaling, mixing, packing, stacking, moving materials and equipment.
- Execute and monitor all process related tasks, predominately, in a timely, efficient, and effective manner to meet Product Specifications reporting all process deviations and nonconformance immediately.
- Ensure proper and efficient machine operations are carried out in accordance with set standard operating procedures
- Ensure documents / sheets are properly and accurately filled out whilst performing machine operation
- Ensure pre-operational checks and maintenance are properly coordinated and performed prior to machine operation
- Support/lead in Autonomous Maintenance
- Be a part of overall continuous improvement of the department.
- Ensure liaising with related processing or production workers is coordinated for a smooth conduct of responsibilities
- Ensure preparation of materials and ingredients based on production plan is promptly and properly assisted
- Ensure prompt assistance in the batching and mixing of materials and ingredients based on product recipe
- Ensure processing and production systems and methodologies are continuously implemented
- Minimize process related costs, predominately cheese and ingredients by monitoring and suggesting improvements.
- Conduct COP, CIP and sterilisation on all main process equipment, lines and tanks in an efficient and effective manner
- Execute the daily Production Plan, CIPs, COPs, and General Cleaning activities with minimal supervision from Superiors.
- Ensure effective cleaning of area, and maintain highest GMP, 5S and AIBI standards.
- Monitor and record the required data to allow for tracing back of information in case of cropping up of issue.
- Discuss and finalize plans/targets with Superiors.
- Identify problems in the process equipments before they affect production deadlines and thus improve flexibility in production.
- Follow defined and laid down safety systems and safe practices of work continually upgrading safety awareness and practices within the team.
- Ensure GMP, including hygiene and housekeeping is maintained and improved within the area and all operations are conducted within the specified quality standards and parameters.
- Develop an understanding and knowledge on Automatic Operating System, process equipment and all relevant task required to be carried out effective process operation.
- Report any process deviation to Superiors ensuring remedial and corrective action of any process deviation/ suspect hold notes is in place immediately, such that the deviation does not happen again.
- Report non–conformance in Processing to the Superior and identify and isolate the affected product so necessary control measures can be taken
- Coordinate with Superiors to conduct routine planned maintenance and cleaning activities.
- Ensure that all operational inspection and maintenance is carried out as specified and recorded in the log sheets.
- Lead autonomous maintenance and 5S of the area/Equipment assigned.
- Liaise with Dry store to ensure all raw materials are delivered in a timely and efficient manner for his production.
- Collate information and provide reports on results and suggest improvements.
- Ensuring all procedures for CIP’s are implemented at correct time intervals.
- Ensure that all duties are carried out in accordance with standard operating procedures specified in the Quality System. Review and update of Standard Operating Procedures based on Quality audits and new developments where it necessary.
- Provide on–the–job training for the team members and train other prospective core colleagues assigned by the management for training on these fillers through regular training cycle.
- Obtain detailed knowledge of all relevant Product and Process Specifications.
- Liaise with opposite shift LPO / DT to ensure detailed handover.
- Attend team briefings suggesting improvements to team performance and workable solutions to team problems.
- Assume another job role (superior or peer), when required by the business.
- Processing operations
- Filling Operations
- EOL Operations
- Support other functions/departments in the facility as and when required.
- Dairy and Juice facility with the capability of 170 million litters annual output
Key Relationships (Internal – Superior, Peer. External to the Organization):
- Superior – Dairy Technologist, Team Leader, Team Manager, Senior Team Manager, Production Manager, Senior Production Manager, Designated Line leader
Peers – ASMOs, Other AMOs, LPOs, Dairy Process Operator, Maintenance Technician Laboratory Technician, SMOs, BMOs, Material Handler, Technical helper
- High School Graduate
- Clear written and spoken English
- Dairy or Food related Courses
- GMP, AIBI, 5S and HACCP Awareness.
Essential responsibilities executed
- 2 years’ experience in similar position within a dairy or food environment.
- Experience in production of milk, juice and beverages.
- Experience in working with a multicultural team.
- Experience in automated process control systems
- Proper documentation of processes, maintaining cohesiveness among operators
- Contribute towards reducing production losses
- Knowledge on implementation of H&S and Quality standards
- Application of HACCP and GMP protocols effectively
- Implementation of 5S and AIBI standards
Competencies (Technical, Operational, Managerial, Human & Cultural Requirements):
Knowledge, Skills and Attitude
- Knowledge and familiarity in processing and production of Dairy or Juice products.
- Knowledge of operating any of various dairy or Juice process equipment.
- Communication skills.
- Machine parameters reading comprehension
- Machine defects understanding
- Machine cleaning and maintenance
- All related safe working procedures
- Visual and operation inspection procedure
- Machine pre-operational check procedure
- Health and safety awareness
- GMP, AIBI, 5S and HACCP awareness
- Good English Communication
- Cooperative with Superiors, peers, and subordinates
- Teamwork – Able to work in co-ordination with multicultural and multifunctional workforce.
- Work under pressure / stressful environment
- Able to train people for required jobs and development of new skills in other trainees assigned
- Ability to take self-initiatives